Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The CrTr Stitch

CrTr stands for Cross Treble stitch. I can't really explain it unless I detail here how it's done....

Here's an example image::


 CrTr is only one of the types of Crossed Stitches.

Crossed stitches can be::

✿ Cross double crochet (CrDc)
✿ Cross treble stitch (CrTr)
✿ Cross double treble stitch (sorry, don't know the abbreviation for this...lol)
✿ Cross double crochet , separated by 2 ch stitches
✿ Cross treble stitch, separated by 2 or 3 ch stitches

The time you learn how to make a simple crossed stitch, you can do the other types.

For now we'll do the CrTr. Let's see if I can pull this off for you...

Ch 19
Row 1 Yo twice, insert hook on 5th ch from hook then draw up loop (4 loops on hook);
            *First leg = Yo and draw through 2 loops (3 loops on hook), yo, skip 1 ch, insert hook on next ch and draw up loop (5 loops on hook), yo and draw through 2 loops (4 loops on hook), yo and draw through 2 loops (3 loops on hook), yo and draw through 2 loops on hook (2 loops on hook), yo and draw through last 2 loops (1 loop on hook), 
              Second leg = ch 1, yo, insert hook between the two legs of previous stitch, yo and draw up loop (3 loops on hook), finish by yo through 2 loops 2 times (1 loop on hook);
             Repeat * up to end of row. Turn.
Row 2 Chain 4, yo twice, skip 2 ch, insert hook on 3rd ch and draw up loop (4 loops on hook);
             *First leg = Yo and draw through 2 loops (3 loops on hook), yo, skip 1 ch, insert hook on next ch and draw up loop (5 loops on hook), yo and draw through 2 loops (4 loops on hook), yo and draw through 2 loops (3 loops on hook), yo and draw through 2 loops on hook (2 loops on hook), yo and draw through last 2 loops (1 loop on hook), 
              Second leg = ch 1, yo, insert hook between the two legs of previous stitch, yo and draw up loop (3 loops on hook), finish by yo through 2 loops 2 times (1 loop on hook);
             Repeat * up to end of row. Turn.

This pattern is so beginner, but I think I liked it the way it is.

With the CrTr I was able to make the Star-Meshed Scarf. It's still a wip so I'll just post a part of what I have made so far::


CrTr Symbol::


Note on this post:
This is my first time to write down a pattern so I hope you'd help me figure out what is wrong or what is lacking with what I've written. I appreciate helpful feedback cause that's what will make me a better crocheter... :)

'Til next time! (>‿◠)✌


2 comments: