Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Relief Stitches/Post Stitches

I was working on a new diagram when on the 8th row I realized that I wasn't doing it right.....I looked closely again at the diagram I am following and noticed that there are symbols used which are totally new to me::



So I consulted the table from the MyPicot website to know what it means...

The stitches are called Relief Stitches. According to the table, these stitches are worked by taking the hook around the stem (or post) of a stitch.

There are 2 types of relief stitch: the relief front stitch and the relief back stitch.

The relief stitch is also commonly called as post stitch. On patterns they are usually referred to as fpdc (front post double crochet) and bpdc (back post double crochet). I think double crochets are usually used for this type of stitches.

My work actually came out flat::


But in the diagram I'm following I noticed that the ones with the relief stitches look like they are on the front of the other (and vice versa).....Obviously, mine isn't...

The idea of the pattern is to create horizontal waves which will be evident only if one will use the relief stitches....

The table I'm using and the pattern and diagram are all from the MyPicot website. It's a very good site for learning stitches at the same time learning how to read crochet diagrams and symbols. You can access the table here....

Well I guess I need to unravel my work and start again....

♥♥♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment